Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Opening a Bottle of Wine at 9am...

Life can be crazy when you are chasing a 2yr old, and finding just a moment of peace, some days can be a pipe dream...

Aha! so that is why she drinks so early in the day! I hear you thinking...

Not at all, is my reply...

SO what does the wine have to do with today's blog entry? would be your next question...

Simple...To make CROCK POT CHICKEN CACCIATORE.... I love my crockpot and life with little ones is made much easier for it...


That is if she will let me get everything into the pot in the morning...Sometimes that too is a challenge, with requests for random food items because she has seen the mixing bowl and now thinks we are making "Tup Takes" mmmmmmm num nums....Or not liking what is now on the television so getting most upset and wanting me to quit skinning chicken to wash my hands to press one stupid remote button....Or perhaps we have decided that instead of the cheezits we screamed for, we now want "daddy chippies" (corn chips) instead...again meaning I must stop dicing garlic to wash my hands to serve the chips...about this time drinking the rest of the bottle instead of having a coffee is seeming rather inviting...oh if only I drank lol....Finally I have made it to the cleaning up faze and start handling dirty dishes and bag the chicken skins to go in the trash, when of course, silly mummy we need apple duice...

Finally the crockpot is filled, the kitchen counters cleaned again and the dishwasher running...Oh hey look she is playing quietly by herself in the living room....Oh you have to love these precious angels...sent to teach us patience and long suffering.

So to capture the chaos of my daily life, I am sharing some random photos taken outside in the garden yesterday...My intent had to be try and capture some pix of butterflies, but well, see description above lol...


I got the Mexican Petunia's transplanted into the front garden...I love how delicate and pretty their flowers are....Oh and how hardy and easy to grow they are.


My little cherub statue I have had for about 14 yrs now and even traveled with me from Australia when I moved to the USA...For now he sits under one of the pecan tree's waiting for me find the perfect place for him in our new garden...Somewhere safe is good *wink*


One of the prettiest things we have in our yard is Bravo the Rooster, look how gorgeous he is with his long blonde mane and shimmering feathers.


Lastly we have the cutest little garden Gnome of them all...Lil Sara taking a break for all the help she gives mummy all day....Couldn't you just eat her up.

No comments: